Thursday, March 1, 2012

#4 Cloud Computing

I use this particular tool quite a bit with the kids. We figured out early on that with the Macbooks, most students wouldn't be able to access their pages documents from home. We spent time converting to Word then emailing the assignments. Now, all word processing in our classroom is done in Google Docs and the students share their work with us.

This leads me to the two minor problems I have with it. If someone knows the answer, please pass it along.

1. The student documents will continue to show up on your homepage until they delete it. I have shared documents from three years ago!
2. The chat feature is pretty cool but I learned about the feature when I observed students making inappropriate comments and focusing on the chat rather than working on the assignment. Is there a way to disable it? I would like to control when I can use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment