Saturday, March 3, 2012

#11 Reflections

My favorite tools have been Wallwisher and Diigo. I am working on including them with the new six weeks unit on economics. It will be great to have the student's feedback on the content and novels we cover in the classroom. We use Google Docs all of the time so it works great for us in the classroom.

I think I have been lucky to have the PTL iTouches and Macbooks in my classroom for the past three years. It has allowed me to at least become comfortable with the idea of using technology in the classroom. We have made it a goal to try to have at least on of of LA/SS projects each six weeks to have a choice of products. Of those products, we have worked hard at having at least one technology-based. I have been hesitant to trying new programs but this experience has helped me move out of my comfort zone and try something new.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing! What a relief for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diigo is such a great tool! I can really see how it could be useful in the world cultures classroom! While not covered in the 11 Tools, have you given Google Earth any thought? I can show you how your students could create tours around the world! I think you would really like it!

    Glad you're done! Hope you find the time to continue to learn new and exciting ways to engage student through your PLN!

    ReplyDelete